Thanks for looking! I am Steve Rideout a Northampton Wedding Photographer.
In a nutshell: I like telling wedding stories using pictures. I like not being noticed when recording them. I like it when my images make people cry happy tears.
Based in Earls Barton near Northampton, we have specialised in wedding photography since 2006. We always feel honoured when fantastic bride and grooms choose us for their wedding photography – it’s a little humbling actually – and they even have nice things to say afterwards!
Why do i keep saying ‘we’? Whenever possible my wife Cathy accompanies me at weddings. She often gets the best candid photos (don’t tell her) and has an eye for the feminine details. We know from experience that wedding photos are hugely important and we don’t take that responsibility lightly: there are no second chances!
There are three important “P’s” to choosing a wedding photographer:
- Photos – very important that. Make sure your photographer can take photos. Can’t stress that enough 🙂 Specifically, make sure you see full wedding galleries, not just highlights and definitely not from wedding photography workshops doing bridal fashion shoots!
- Price – reassuringly expensive? Beware the cheap photographer, they aren’t confident or aren’t taking it seriously enough! Up to date equipment; insurances; constant training; reliable and fast computer equipment; leading software; reliable vehicles; quality wedding albums; crisp sandwiches at lunchtime – all of that’s expensive and all vital. We’re confident that we provide value for money. You get all the afore mentioned equipment (you aren’t having my crisp sandwich though) plus the reassurance the we’re capture the moments so that you can savour them later. It’s not just photography skills, it’s people skills too, which leads me to:
- Personality – you have to like your photographer! Whilst the majority of my time will be spent melting into the background in order to capture you and your guests being themselves, we’ll interact with one and all throughout the day. Our aim is to be like a guest with a camera – a competent one 😉 – more like friends. If you fancy a meeting to see some albums, chat about our approach and size me up please get in touch using the form below!
6 important things to know:
- I carry full public liability & professional indemnity insurance;
- I always have back-up kit close at hand;
- In any given social situation, holding a camera makes me feel invisible;
- I like keeping fit, at least enough to balance out the Ben & Jerry’s;
- I hate, hate, hate having my photo taken.
Finally: it’s your day and we’ll capture it on your terms.
I look forward to hearing about your future wedding story.